Saturday, March 29, 2014

Lookee what I got!

DH and I went to the Omaha Orchid show today at the Lauritzen Gardens.  There were tons of lovely orchids there and I could have easily spent hundreds, I sort of regretted telling my DH that I was only going to bring home two orchids.  I was good, I did only bring home two orchids, but I did get a butterwort, however since it isn't an orchid I did keep my word.  :)

I got this one which is a mini Phalaenopsis and is cute as a button.




And I got this one which is a Blc Sakurahime x Slc. Tiny Titan.  The Blc stands for Brassolaeliocattleya, the Slc stands for Sophrolaeliocattleya.  I can completely understand why they abbreviate these terms.


And here is the cute as a button, not to mention easy to spell, butterwort.  


I was very intrigued by this little guy.  It eats bugs and since my dogs like to take their own sweet time coming in from outside we tend to get a lot of bugs when it is warm out.  Hopefully this will help keep them down.  :)

Wish me luck keeping these guys alive.  I've been able to keep orchids alive for about a year but after that they die.  For some reason I never thought to feed them so I will be rectifying that this time around and getting them a good quality orchid food.  We shall see what happens.  I LOVE orchids so if these guys do well and are still thriving by the time the 2015 Orchid show rolls around I can see them being joined by more of their orchid friends.

While you are reading this blog, don't forget to read and follow my other blog This Area is Full of Scarf.  For every 10 followers I get I will host a fiber give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment